Who states you are able to only get ready for the IELTS exam in school? Many online IELTS Training platforms assist you to get ready for the IELTS Test for Academic British (including its four mandatory stages? Studying, Speaking, Listening and Writing), and supply methods to test out your British skills as well as your knowledge of the testing process at a small fraction of the price of attending a specialized language school location.
Studyportals has reviewed three top online platforms supplying IELTS test training, that will help you pick the perfect option, and obtain accepted for a worldwide college very quickly:
- IELTS Test Online is a division of Impact Learning Services, New Zealand
- IELTS Academic Test Preparation by EdX, United States
- IELTS Magoosh, United States
- E2Language, Australia
By assessing these online IELTS Training platforms we are able to share our insights about who’d neat thing by using these platforms.
Working out platforms is going to be reviewed around the following points:
- Usability and page design
- Preparation materials included
- The simulation experience
- The speaking test
- Test evaluation and keeping track of results
- Fees and subscription duration
Each topic section includes observations about each of the four platforms.
1. Platform usability & page design
IELTS Test Online
- At first, it is not very clear how to get started. The busy look of the page can create confusion.
- Some graphic elements look outdated.
- Including better links to previous pages might help with navigation.
- Sometimes it might be hard to remember the way you arrived on the specific page.
IELTS Academic Test Preparation
- Clean, modern look.
- Includes student support section and useful information page.
- Also includes an FAQ with forum answers.
- Easy to get started, to use and navigate.
- Videos have subtitles.
- You can easily tell what you will do on the page based on specific icons.
- Good overview of all steps and available exercises.
- Simple to navigate and also to know where you are on the website.
- Simple, modern, and simple platform.
- Simple to mark and track progress with a summary of completed courses and percentage cake charts.
- No intro prior to getting began, however, the platform is intuitive enough. You are able to take notes throughout the video and review them when you really need to.
- You may also leave feedback for every video lesson, to follow along with exactly what the teacher says easier. The choice to accelerate video without having affected quality.
- Throughout the tests, you need to complete the solution inside a separate box and press the submit button, which is located further lower around the page – not so user-friendly.
- Good website structuring having a helpful tutorial to obtain began fast.
- Users have total control over what they need to begin with.
- They are able to obtain a customized study plan with different short questionnaires.
- Students can perform short exercises when they watch free lesson videos.
- The working platform includes a modern look and you can easily use it and intuitive.
- You are able to only track progress should you upgrade to some greater package.
- Tests are simple to take. Regrettably, when the timer starts, you might not come up with a choice to pause it.
- Includes video tutorial explaining ways to use the platform and simple to find a FAQ section
2. Included IELTS preparation materials
IELTS Test Online
- Includes over 80 interactive training and 350 tutorial videos.
- A vocabulary introduction can be obtained before each lesson.
- There’s a preliminary quiz before each lesson to check your beginning understanding.
- You will find lots of video lessons incorporated within the training.
- The working platform includes preparation for an array of applicants: 5. to 9. score band.
- You will find a research plan that will help you use the learning rhythm.
- You are able to download audio recordings for more use following the subscription expires.
- Free 800-page e-book including all training.
- You will find games to relax but additionally practice your english level.
IELTS Academic Test Preparation
- Includes a lot of videos with the option of downloading them if you want.
- Interesting exercises included.
- You only get access to a significant portion of the materials if you pay extra.
- 160 extra activities for premium students.
- A progress bar keeps track of your completed tests.
- 700 hours of video material.
- Video materials covering all four test sections, and IELTS skills as well as extensive grammar lessons.
- In addition to offering language training for the parts of IELTS, it includes also lessons on English grammar.
- Lessons and test simulations are split into individual sections.
What are you waiting for? Advance your English skills, pick an online IELTS training platforms and get ready for your IELTS Academic English Exam!